SuperDrive II - MWSF '02

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple has finalised plans for pioneer to provide a new CD/DVD-RW drive for the new macs at MWSF - on the proviso that they are infact G5 processor based. Steve see's the release of the G5 as a major breakthrough, and he wishes to couple that with not only new mobo innards (faster bus, DDR RAM etc), but now with a new superdrive. The drive is significantly faster, double all previous DVD based speeds. I am unaware of the changes made to the CD aspect (read/write/rewrite), but I presume the reading espeically has been improved (lackluster in current models).

The breakdown is as follows. The top G5 model shall receive a Superdrive II. Depending on the final model breakdown Steve decides on (3 or 4 model based powermac lineup), the other models shall have a Superdrive I. The top iMac model is also destined to have a Superdrive I at MWSF.

On a related note, the OSX team has the DVD-RW functions working fully on OSX, so finally one of the superdrives final features shall be enabled.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Okay "Steve's Office Cleaner," what devine inspiration made you privy to that bit of info?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Steve's office cleaner you are, hmm? I think not. Steve's office cleaner I am. Unless blind I am, lie you do. But know about the SuperDrives you do, so perhaps genuine you are...
  • Reply 3 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Jesus Christ, InsideAppler, shut up!
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Me so horny!
  • Reply 5 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by Steve's office cleaner:

<strong>

The breakdown is as follows. The top G5 model shall receive a Superdrive II. Depending on the final model breakdown Steve decides on (3 or 4 model based powermac lineup), the other models shall have a Superdrive I. The top iMac model is also destined to have a Superdrive I at MWSF.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ooooohhhh, sexy talk as such must come from some overtly romatic ethnic minority of an office cleaner.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Jesus Christ, InsideAppler, shut up!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Glad to see I'm not the only one that finds him annoying.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Glad to see I'm not the only one that finds him annoying.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Make that three of us
  • Reply 8 of 23
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    InsideAppler's posts make these forums seem more like daycare for Mac users children rather than actual Mac users discussing things. Why is it in the last 6 months these boards have been inundated with immature weirdos? I think MacAddict4Kidz must have had a feature article talking about how much fun these boards are for regular Mac users, so now the kiddies want in on the fun too. Note to the weirdos: Shut up, smarten up or go away. Pick one.

Sidenote: I'm not a jerk, really. I just find posts like those a waste to read. And I always find that out after I read them. I'll shut up myself now.

-Y
  • Reply 9 of 23
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

Make that three of us</strong><hr></blockquote>

You mean, "Three of us that makes." hehe
  • Reply 10 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    /me mauls Matsu
  • Reply 11 of 23
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    Is InsideAppler the "Yoda" guy from the old AI? Yeah, he's getting old fast.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    That would be sweet if the OFFICE CLEANER is right.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Very sweet. Sounds like info I could possibly want to believe. Unless he's very smart and took the side angle ( using the superdrive topic to say G5s will debut)

And now the Amiga people are mentioning G5s.....mmmm...G5s
  • Reply 14 of 23
    I don't trust anyone whose name is "Steve's office cleaner"

InsideAppler said he was a janitor way back at the old AI. Got something right too. But, yeah, the Yoda-style writing is annoying.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    What the hell are the Amiga people going to do with G5's??? I'd like to see a link.

I know some of them are using PPC's, but isn't this an extreme example of beating a dead horse?

Just buy a mac and get an emulator for those Amiga apps. That platform was great, but it was managed even worse than Apple, and is now dead. Time to get a mac.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Link for Amiga is:

<a href="http://www.amiga.com/corporate/231201-mcewen.shtml"; target="_blank">http://www.amiga.com/corporate/231201-mcewen.shtml</a>;

Comment about the G5 is down the page a bit..

Dave
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Funny, InsiderApple's posts are.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    If this guy ever even knew Steve he's dead now.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Dead or not, I'll be happy if he's right
  • Reply 20 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>I don't trust anyone whose name is "Steve's office cleaner"

</strong><hr></blockquote>

...or anyone whose name includes "hitman"