XServe G5 on Apple Mailing List

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just noticed this message on the XGrid mailing list that popped up a few days ago.

Either someone missed the 4 on their keyboard a couple times or new hardware is floating around..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stecs

Just noticed this message on the XGrid mailing list that popped up a few days ago.

Either someone missed the 4 on their keyboard a couple times or new hardware is floating around..

can you quote it, please

i can't acces the link without a password
  • Reply 2 of 59
    the username is archive and the password is archive, dont you people ever read what is in a pop up, all the information is right at the top on the sheet
  • Reply 3 of 59
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    It's a very safe bet that guy doesn't have an Xserve G5.
  • Reply 4 of 59
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Hi to all REAL testers. This is an issue on which i am not able to file a log because it happens at startup.

Exactly it's now 2 days ago i cannot start up when a XServe G5 is hooked up. It locks up at: Loading Rendezvous Additional Ressources.

Now even if the XSG5 is disconnected, it won't start up fully and locks up at: Compiler Daemon - TO 0x700 Network Issue. Then a kernel panic like in Jaguar appears.

Can anyone help me? p.s. that kernel isn't logged.

I'd say not...
  • Reply 5 of 59
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

It's a very safe bet that guy doesn't have an Xserve G5.

... anymore.

• Reply 6 of 59
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Why people are so into G5 XServe? No one in this forum is going to use/buy it.....

I am just curious....
  • Reply 7 of 59
    im going to use one for my website, but not buy one, but i am not tha much excited anyway, the Xserve G4 works great now
  • Reply 8 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Why people are so into G5 XServe? No one in this forum is going to use/buy it.....

I am just curious....

Um, my company would definately buy/use it. We currently only have 4 Xserves but that will change soon.
  • Reply 9 of 59
    I am only talking about individuals not companies/groups
  • Reply 10 of 59
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

I am only talking about individuals not companies/groups

Your house doesn't have a server closet??
  • Reply 11 of 59
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

the username is archive and the password is archive, dont you people ever read what is in a pop up, all the information is right at the top on the sheet

Nope...
  • Reply 12 of 59
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Your house doesn't have a server closet?

Due to renting regulations, we aren't allowed in the server closest (understair cupboard) in our flat.
  • Reply 13 of 59
    If you tell me how to fit XServe into an already crowded 10ft x 10ft room......

Keep in mind that I only rent a room.....not the entire house
  • Reply 14 of 59
    sikkdsikkd Posts: 47member
  • Reply 15 of 59
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    people, we are interested in the products that our favorite Computer company comes out with. Also, some of us have stock in it, such as I, so, I am interested in how well the company does...damn stock...
  • Reply 16 of 59
    stecsstecs Posts: 43member
    Quote:

HOW THE HECK CAN YOU ACCESS TO THE LIST WITHOUT THE NDA-PASS????

Because the password is posted on the entrance page to it? One possibility is you have the wrong list...
  • Reply 17 of 59
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sikkd

HOW THE HECK CAN YOU ACCESS TO THE LIST WITHOUT THE NDA-PASS????

Apple's mailinglists is not for people with NDAs. You can't discuss anything witch falls under an NDA, and if you should do it anyway the admins will slap you. It's funny about this list since it's mere existence is the result of someone breaking an NDA. How anyone would be able to utlize this list in a manner that'd be appropriate for its topic without breaking an NDa is beyone me.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    Apple controlled leak, hmm?
  • Reply 19 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

Apple's mailinglists is not for people with NDAs. You can't discuss anything witch falls under an NDA, and if you should do it anyway the admins will slap you. It's funny about this list since it's mere existence is the result of someone breaking an NDA. How anyone would be able to utlize this list in a manner that'd be appropriate for its topic without breaking an NDa is beyone me.

Actually, there's several mailing lists hosted on lists.apple.com that cover NDA topics, but aren't listed publically. I'd say that this particular list was just prematurely made public.
  • Reply 20 of 59