/. review of iTunes for Windows

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This may be better in Digital Hub, but I'm not a mod, so I won't trouble myself with that

/.

That's what I would call a glowing review. My favorite part:

Quote:

With iTunes and the iTunes Music Store, I honestly can't see myself returning to buying CDs. It's just so much more convenient, and significantly cheaper to download and burn - and I don't care about the minor quality differences or the lack of cover art. This is what I've been waiting for.

g33k cred. That's what iTunes and the iTMS needs. Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    i got a peecee using friend of mine to dl itunes the day it came out, and this weekend he picked up an ipod. he absolutely loves the whole setup, only thing keeping him from a mac is the games he plays. He took a few minutes to look at the iTMS and decided that he probably wasnt going to be buying anything other than blank cd's from now on.

iTunes + iPod, the ultimate trojan horse
  • Reply 2 of 17
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

What I don't get is that the author repeatedly states that "Apple has never written any Windows software before". Isn't he completely ignoring Quicktime?

And appleworks
  • Reply 3 of 17
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

And appleworks

I forgot there even was AppleWorks for Windows.

Anyways, I reinstalled Virtual PC today just to test out iTunes on it, installed Windows 2000 on it (which was a painful process), and at the end of it got sidetracked and still haven't played with it. If this review is any indicator, I think I'll be happy with it (even though I'll never use it again...)
  • Reply 4 of 17
    I believe FileMaker also.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I forgot there even was AppleWorks for Windows.

Anyways, I reinstalled Virtual PC today just to test out iTunes on it, installed Windows 2000 on it (which was a painful process), and at the end of it got sidetracked and still haven't played with it. If this review is any indicator, I think I'll be happy with it (even though I'll never use it again...)

i think this is the market apple was shooting for...the users using windows 2000 through os x to access iTunes for windows

• Reply 6 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Shake and Logic, if those count.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Shake and Logic, if those count.

no, apple bought them as windows apps and has since done its best to end their lives as windows apps
  • Reply 8 of 17
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

i think this is the market apple was shooting for...the users using windows 2000 through os x to access iTunes for windows

Hey I'm not about to try and find a real PC... 8)
  • Reply 9 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    This isn't the first PC app Apple has ever released, it's just the first one that doesn't blow donkeys.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

I believe FileMaker also.

I wouldn't count that one. Or maybe even AppleWorks. They were Windows versions before Apple bought them.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I wouldn't count that one. Or maybe even AppleWorks. They were Windows versions before Apple bought them.

Not sure about this. According to this site, Clarris/AppleWorks had a decidedly Apple (platform) base history, though not originally Apple developers:

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bob/clarisworks.php

The history of FileMaker is less clear, but here is some information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileMaker
  • Reply 12 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Fair enough but not pure Apple apps.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Appleworks = Clarisworks

Filemaker was made by Claris before it was spun off.

Claris was Apple's software house for apps before it was reabsorbed.

Filemaker is still an Apple owned company.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Newton Connection Utilities for Windows does that count?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Newton Connection Utilities for Windows does that count?

Oh lord. BAD MEMORIES!!!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I used AppleWorks for the Apple II all they way through 7th grade. Completely text-driven with mark-up style notation for indents, double spacing, etc.