Best Fm transmitter for Los Angeles, CA?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello,

I live smack in the middle of LA, the land of radio. I

was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the

Fm transmitters for the Ipod here in the city? Tunecast?

ITrip? anything? also, any thoughts on upcoming wireless

Tech that might solve the radio frequency problems? (Feel

free not to answer that if it belongs in future hardware)

thanks guys

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I had the iRock, and it didn't work for !@#$. Stay away.

Buy the latest issue of MacWorld, where they review several transmitters, and cassete-based adapters. I can save you the money - the radio-based ones stunk. If there's a stronger station around, you're screwed, every time, with every brand. I do remember the Creative Labs cassette adapter was the best one of all.

Here's a thought - what would a new car stero with an audio-in jack cost? If it's around $100, I'd go for that.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    apple needs to work with someone about a in dash unit where you can slide in your ipod, replace the cass deck.

do they make an indash unit with audio in jack?? which one

as popular the ipod is, you'd think someone would make a cool holder, connector, integrator for the ipod, people want to take there ipod everywhere and have an elegant connection option, and lose as many wires as possible

will steve put out a cheap ipod?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    i got a second dock and velcroed(sp?) it to my dashboard. then i hooked a cable from the back of the dock to the AUX input on the back of my cd player. absolutely love it. now all i need to do is get one of those belkin chargers and it will be perfect.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    thanks for the replies,

sounds like there isn't much to do in this case.

Here is the weird part, my cousin has a first generation Ipod and a tunecast and it sounds great. He lives a few blocks from me and he doesn't get any radio interference on the 88.3 signal. He drives around L.A. and it works fine. From here to Vegas, or San Francisco its all smooth sailing.

However, everything else i've heard about the tunecast contradicts this scenario. But I've heard it with my own ears!

Anyway, I dug up my old cassete adapter from my cd player days, and though it ruins the the Ipod's sleekness, at least it works.

I'm going up to future hardware now to see if anyone has thoughts on when this issue will be solved.

If there are anymore suggestions they are certainly aprecciated.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I used the belkin all summer and it worked okay. I just had to change the frenq. every 15 miles or so going from OC to LA, or driving around LA. For $30 it was worth it. LA to Vegas, Phx or where ever it is excellent.