So what is OmniGraffle?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Being new to Mac OSX and coming from system 8.1 on original iMac, just looking to find out what generally OmniGraffle software is and what it is used to do? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jxfreakjxfreak Posts: 138member
    It lets you do notes and outlines. I really like it and use it for taking class lecture notes. I like being able to write on the columns. I don't really need to use Word to write down lecture notes. Very solid app. and its free!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's OmniOutliner.

OmniGraffle is, if you have any Windows experience, Visio done right.

Otherwise, you *might* find some info here...

It is hands down the easiest way I know of to create professional quality diagrams in a heartbeat. Its auto-layout and magnets features alone make it a must-have in my book. I use it nearly daily for pedestrian things like UML diagrams and such... and yet the first time I used an OG UML diagram in a paper submission, my advisor wanted to know what app I'd used, that the diagrams looked gorgeous. All I did was drag and drop, edit the text, and auto-layout. Done.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    OmniGraffle is great!

I used it in application development classes to create UML diagrams and ERDs. It does a stunning job.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I wondered this too, but then I found this page:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...affle/samples/

It looks like it could be useful for all kinds of things. I'm using it for a map for a story I'm writing (so I can be consistent and stuff about where buildings are). It's sooo easy to use.