Is the screen on new iMac detachable?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Those whos have seen the new iMac in action. Could you please tell us if the 15" screen is easily removable or not!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    No, it is not.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    vikramvikram Posts: 18member
    I have just seen this image. It seems to me that the screen is detachable.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    LOL, well it's not
  • Reply 4 of 7
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    yeah, i saw those funky screws too...probably need a special adapter and then really the arm, not the screen, is detachable....there would still be wires to deal with too....probably best not to take it apart as it may be hard to get back just right....i'm sure everything is pretty darn snug inside that little white body the iMac has...g
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I would think the metal arm (attached to the monitor) would have to detach from the base in some way because how would you turn it upsidedown to load in memory/AirPort?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>I would think the metal arm (attached to the monitor) would have to detach from the base in some way because how would you turn it upsidedown to load in memory/AirPort?</strong><hr></blockquote>

How do you change a baby's diaper? My kids' heads stayed attached through their diaper years, I'll have you know!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>I would think the metal arm (attached to the monitor) would have to detach from the base in some way because how would you turn it upsidedown to load in memory/AirPort?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Holy cow!! You're right! Good point. I'd like to see an Apple rep demonstrate the Airport upgrade procedure.

Somebody at MacWorld, please get on it.