Panther Mail: Problem with threading

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all,

Hope everyone's having fun w/ Panther!

One of the things i was looking foward to most was message threating in mail. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be as "smart" as I expected.

When I choose "organize by thread" it simply groups all mails with the same subject line. For example all messaged with the comon sublect line, "re:" were grouped together.

Obviously this is not right.

Can anyone help? Am I missing something?

thanks for any insight!

NeilyB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    That is strange. Mine seemed to be grouped correctly. In fact, this will make my day a little easier. Great feature.

My emails are organized by date. The threaded groups show up as a blue highlight. Are you sure you are looking at it correctly?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    j@ffaj@ffa Posts: 56member
    Can anyone tell me if Panther backdates the threading system and threads all your old emails? That'd be great for me!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by J@ffa

Can anyone tell me if Panther backdates the threading system and threads all your old emails? That'd be great for me!

yes it does
  • Reply 4 of 5
    j@ffaj@ffa Posts: 56member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

yes it does

Woohoo!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NeilyB

When I choose "organize by thread" it simply groups all mails with the same subject line. For example all messaged with the comon sublect line, "re:" were grouped together.

that was exactly what happened to me too. Since then, I've disabled threading. It's not that useful in cases like this!

I did add the "thread" button into the toolbar just in case I want to quickly thread a couple emails.