150 New features summed up.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I ran across this nifty link where the fabled 150 new features are summed up.

Provides a nice read for those still waiting for the Panther, and for the others too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Nice. I wonder if the new flat panel sub-pixel whatchamacallit rendering really makes a difference.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Is it something like Microsoft included in Winblows XP called Clear technology or something for LCD monitors. I don't know how good that was though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by markiv

Is it something like Microsoft included in Winblows XP called Clear technology or something for LCD monitors. I don't know how good that was though.

Actually, subpixel rendering is called "ClearType" by MS (for a description, see here ).

MacOS X had this techology at least since 10.2.x (set the antialiasing preferences to "light", log out and back in and you'll slight coloured seams at most characters. It is somewhat disturbing at first, but the normal antialiasing is much too mushy and makes badly defined fonts for my taste).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Actually, subpixel rendering is called "ClearType" by MS (for a description, see here ).

MacOS X had this techology at least since 10.2.x (set the antialiasing preferences to "light", log out and back in and you'll slight coloured seams at most characters. It is somewhat disturbing at first, but the normal antialiasing is much too mushy and makes badly defined fonts for my taste).

Thanks for the correction and providing the link, was very helpful.