Time out from the new.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have seen nothing on these boards lately but stuff about the new iMac. (Which I lust after) But I am stuck with the one I have for a while.

iMac DV+ Sage

450 Mhz G3

20 Gig HD

1Gig Ram

OS X 10.1.2

I desire more performance from my Mac but of course I can't upgrade the processor. I have seen articles on Clock Chipping the iMac. Has anyone else out there done this? Did it work well? If it does not work, can I reset the position of the switches to their original settings without damage to my iMac? I am very curious about this and hope to get some good replies. Thank You.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Overclocking seems pretty risky considering the overall performance gain is pretty minimal. Rather than frying your board, y not just give your machine to me?

Or i'll trade you, straight up, no questions asked:

mysetup:

iMac 333/384/30gigs

and i'll throw in my logitech wireless mouse and whatever is in...the mystery box
  • Reply 2 of 4
    odinn5odinn5 Posts: 107member
    Tempting offer ...but no. But I am curious,

What is in the Mystery Box?

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Odinn5 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    [quote]Originally posted by Odinn5:

<strong>Tempting offer ...but no. But I am curious,

What is in the Mystery Box?

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Odinn5 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

i could tell you, but then i would have to kill you...and take your imac...and possibly your shoes

also if i told, it would no longer be a mystery...now would it?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    odinn5odinn5 Posts: 107member
    Can you fit into size 13? If not I hope what is inside theMystery Box will help you fill my shoes!

And as for getting my iMac, only when you can pry it out of my cold dead hands. And of course you would have to get into my grave, cause I am taking it with me!