expose and MX700

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am trying to get expose to work with the buttons on my logitech MX700. In expose it gives me a choice of right mouse button and then 30 mouse buttons 3-32. The Right mouse button is the only one that makes expose do anything, any other button I select does nothing.

any help please

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Dont know about panther cos im still waiting for it in the post

But your porblem sounds like you need to install the drivers for it from logitech which is probably why you can only use the right mouse button.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I did install them. Before i installed them the mouse section in expose didnt even show up, i think. I hope this isnt some stupid logitech issue.

thanks anyway
  • Reply 3 of 5
    actually i just uninstalled the drivers and expose works now

but now my buttons dont work for other things, like browser back and foward, and application switcher
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ok, this is just for anyone that has this problem and is confused. Some of you will prob say duh..but i never knew in the logi control panel you could assign any keystroke you wanted to the mouse buttons :

this is how you have to do it with the logi drivers installed

What you have to do is have expose asigned to whatever keyboard keys you want, and leave the mouse section blank. Then go to your logitech mouse configuration menu and highlight say the wheel button. Click and hold over the assigned action and select keystroke, and then input what ever keys you selected for expose.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Yes, that's what I had to do with my MX500. I just used the driver software from Logitech (which still sucks, BTW...) and make my various keys have Expose functions. So now my Cruise Down button is F9, Cruise Up is F10, and Switch Application button is F11. Works perfectly.

Also, if you don't use Logitech's driver to change the functions of the "cruise control" buttons, they'll be interpreted by the OS as being like a scroll wheel. So if you uninstall the driver and then use Expose to assign functions to those buttons, it'll make the window scroll by a tiny increment whenever you use one of those buttons for Expose.