New iPod Remote & FM Tuner

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just read this article at iPodlounge that shows new iPod remote and FM Tuner:

The slide is from an Apple iPod presentation. Hmmmm...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    two are allready out (mic & photo reader). nice looking remote, LCD and all. may be only for illustration though.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    doesn't belkin or something have something like this already?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

Just read this article at iPodlounge that shows new iPod remote and FM Tuner:

The slide is from an Apple iPod presentation. Hmmmm...

It says, "For easy accessory development." I think they are just showing some options that third parties can take advantage of. It certainly would be sweet to have that lcd remote... but I don't think I'd pony up for it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Those are just suggestions what thirdparty developers could invent for the iPod.

What I found most interesting was the "iPod Accessory Protocol". This means, Apple has defined or is in the process of defining an extension protocol which will be made available to developers. This is great news, since it will make the iPod into a platform, not just an isolated device.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    A card reader that actually used FireWire would be sweet, unlike that slow, crappy Belkin offering. I don't use the regular iPod remote, I probably wouldn't by a crappy looking third party one--unless Griffin made it. A decent microphone would be nice, but, again, not that cheese Belkin has out.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    FWIW, someone at an Apple Store on the 24th said that an FM tuner was coming out for the iPod...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

FWIW, someone at an Apple Store on the 24th said that an FM tuner was coming out for the iPod...

SWEET! That's one of those features I think a lot of people have been drooling for. Despite its capacity to have your entire library with you, there's just no substitute for being able to switch over to radio to tune into news, etc.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

SWEET! That's one of those features I think a lot of people have been drooling for. Despite its capacity to have your entire library with you, there's just no substitute for being able to switch over to radio to tune into news, etc.

Well, I believe an FM tuner has been out for a while.... what I'd like to see is XFM or Sirius teaming up with Apple and having satellite radio built in to the next gen. iPod. I really only use my iPod in my car and don't need an FM tuner or any other external gadgets.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    A remote with LCD screen would be really nice. Especially if it used RF.