Cutting & Pasting Japanese Fonts into Adobe Illustrator

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was using Sherlock to translate English words into Japanese, which it does just fine. Then I wanted to copy those words and paste them into Adobe Illustrator (v.10) to use as artwork. Can -somebody- explain to me how to successfully do this, and HOW it works?

I tried activating the Japanese keyboard with the International settings in the System Preferences, but don't know how to successfully cut & paste with this activated...

So, I'm waiting for some clever bugger to come along and give me the Idiot's Guide to doing this!

Ta.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    drewprops

I am running OS 10.2.6 and I am using Illustrator 10.0.3 with English and Japanese. The only way I could get it to work was I copied the Japanese text from Sherlock and then I had to paste it into a TextEdit (with Japanese being the language active) and then copy it from TextEdit and paste it into Illustrator. This worked for me but directly copying it from Sherlock didn't work. I hope that this helps. I would recommend then changing the Japanese text into Outlines if you are going to use it for artwork.