Battery settings/Fan

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, so I'm curious if I can somehow fix the following two issues. One is that I can't get the computer(17"pb) to recognize two different settings for battery vs. power adapter. In other words, when I pick setting for one and try and click over to the other and change it, it stays the same. I want highest performance with power adapter and lower with battery, but computer will only recognize one for both. Any thoughts? I was able to keep two different settings under 10.2.8, but under panther can't get them to stay separated. Number two is related to fan and iTunes. It seems that no matter what, and I mean even if I just woke the computer from sleep, if I put on iTunes and turn on the visualizer the fan comes on. Anything to fix that maybe? I don't have the visualizer running at a high frame rate, it's capped under options. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I wasn't aware that you could do different settings for AC or battery power. I always thought you had to switch them manually every time you wanted them switched. When you turn on the iTunes visualizer that is going to make your graphics card work harder, more work means more heat, more heat means real bad news for a computer. The fan comes on to start expelling the heat that will inevitably come with the increased strain on the graphics card. There is no fix for this, except turning the music up really loud so you can't hear the fan :-)