Panther Mail Question

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Installed panther earlier today and first impression are very good (expose is excellent). I read that the new mail programme in panther is supposed to be better than the old one, so i would like to give it a try. Ive been using Entourage (x) before which was very good. My question is does anyone here know how to copy the emails from Entourage to mail? I think i could just forward the mails to myself but i would like to kepp the orignal sender as, umm, the sender.

Any help you can give me would be most appriciated.

Cheers Philip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Open up Mail.app, File - Import Mailboxes... - Microsoft Entourage.

Sweet!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Thanks for that, that exactly what i wanted to do. Now the next problem i have is that when i imported the mails it created a new mail box called imported, which is fine and i can read the email now i want to copy the email from the imported inbox to the normal inbox. when i try to do this an error message pops up saying 'the destination mail box does not exist' and i cant copy them across. this seams a little strange seeing as the mail box does exist. If you can make any suggetions i would help but if i cant do it then, well i wont. Cheers again for the help
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Copy and Paste rather than drag and drop should do the trick.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Legend. So simple yet so effective (why the hell i never thought of that is beyond me). By the way this is a great forum. Cheers matey!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Mail default account used to be located in the Network Preference Pane. Where is it located now?

I want to send mail via my work account. My mac.com account now appears to be the default even when I am in my work account trying to compose/send mail.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

I want to send mail via my work account. My mac.com account now appears to be the default even when I am in my work account trying to compose/send mail.

In Mail.app go to Mail - Preferences... - Accounts.

In the Accounts list click and drag the account you want to be the default to the top of the list.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Thanks Paul. For the life of me I couldn't figure this out. Maybe if the default account was highlighted it would be easier to discover...