safari question.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
when looking at a post with images as in the one about iBook G4 pictures I can't see most of the pictures. I get a little blue box with a question mark inside.

Anybody know what's up?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's safari's "broken image" image. That means that your computer can't access that image because either its server is down, the URL is incorrect, or some other network problem is blocking it from loading.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I get it a lot, is there something I can do about it?

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It sounds like a problem with your internet connection rather than the safari browser. I got my iBook G4 two weeks ago and have had no problems with the Safari browser. In fact I have come to really become fond of it. It displays pages in a form that just seems to look more asthetically pleasing than through IE and I have had no need to use any other browser. I have had no issues with graphics not loading. I have connected through quite a few sources, my home comcast cable modem, wifi at borders and The Daily Grind (nice coffee house where smoking hasn't been banned) and through the ethernet ports all over my school. No problem with safari using any of the aforementioned connections. If your connection works fine with a different computer I would assume that it has to do with your settings in OSX, if you post some further or better put any information about your sort of connection I am sure that myself or many others on the board could help you get your settings right.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacAficionado

I get it a lot, is there something I can do about it?

Thanks.

Short of getting a new ISP, no. It sounds like there's some problem getting from your ISP's server to the server housing the images. There's not really anything you can do about that. Any browser would have the same problem on that connection.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Hmm, even with DSL? I've always had good connection with it.

Oh well, it also happens with Camino, so it is definitely not a browser problem.

Thanks for your thoughts though.