Is this a prototype G6?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Oh the excitement! Fantastic industrial design from Mr Ives..... I can't wait to get my hands on one.

New Powermac G6!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I prefer the idea that it's iSight for astronomers.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    ha ha ha.

If I was a moderator, I would either lock or move this thread. This really doesn't belong in FH.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    You aren't a moderator, and we've traditionally allowed parody, within limits.

I mean, this is Future Hardware. At any given time, 80% of the content qualifies as parody!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Well you never know where Mr Ives gets his inspiration from and could well happen!!! LOL

LMAO @ iSight for astronomers

• Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crustibooga

LMAO @ iSight for astronomers

It is either astronomers, or peeping toms. Can't decide which...

Also, sometimes it is just better to break out of trying to predict apple and just have some fun. Don't you agree Amorph?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Mmh , does the man who took the picture means that Apple new product line = garbage ?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Eggleston

It is either astronomers, or peeping toms. Can't decide which...

Same diff. The astronomers just have a thing for aliens.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Very cool! I especially dig that big optical drive hole. You just casually toss in a blank CD or DVD and it burns it for you! Screw all that slot-loading/tray-loading business. This is cutting-edge "toss-loading"!

But seriously, it's kinda cool to see that Apple continues to set the mark (if indeed that trashcan was something recently created...and I'm guessing that it was).

Back when the fruit iMacs were all the rage, you couldn't walk into Target, Staples or IKEA without seeing about 2 gazillion colored, curvy, see-through doo-dads and gizmos lining the shelves and endcaps: office supplies, electronics, lamps, school supplies, home accessories/decor, etc.

And these days, you do tend to see a lot of white and silver stuff, as well as the more metallic-looking gear as well. That trashcan above looks exactly like an iSight for Paul Bunyan.

I'm guessing 2004 will kinda be "Year of the Metal with Holes In It" in the designs of many furniture, office supply and accessory companies.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    I want one, I need a garbage can with a seat on it...
  • Reply 10 of 15
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I liked one of the comments that said it

"Looks like something Dell would do". After seeing the Dell DJ, I completely agree.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    All it needs is Bernie Kopell peering out of the slot.

http://www.berniekopell.com/photos/4.html
  • Reply 12 of 15
    this might be a secret College Dorm model... the iKeg (shown without optional tap)

mmmm... Beer

(iHubble is a great name though)
  • Reply 13 of 15
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    What I gather from it is the next gen of monitors (lcds or plasmas) will snap into that area on top of the computer "tube"... that way the monitors dont need a stand at all, so its -

a) cost cutting

b) space saving

c) trendy expensive home theatre digital hub looking...

You could snap on a 20" up to a 76" plasma !!!

Ives does it again...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Which came first: The Can or the Cam?

Do you suppose Ive was done eating lunch and when it got up to leave saw that and said to himself, "Yes, THAT is Apple's new firewire conferencing camera!"

Things that make you go hmmmm...... \
  • Reply 15 of 15
    tjmtjm Posts: 367member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Mmh , does the man who took the picture means that Apple new product line = garbage ?

No, their new product line will be $3000 home urinals, called the "G-Whiz"