Micheal Moore sued!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is what happens when you flip through channels after south park

Suprised the hell out of me, didn't see this one coming. Personally I'm not a fan of Moore but this seems pretty far fetched.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    It's shite.... nothing more.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Most of that lawsuit is bogus. They only thing that may stick is the libel defamation of character. I'm sure those will be hard to prove.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Moore looks out for #1 and that's it. He does nothing to take care of his sources, which makes me believe his "I never went to college" schtick because he obviously has little clue about journalistic ethics.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Very true....
  • Reply 5 of 12
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I heard MM giving a lecture at SF state . . and he sounded shrill and extreme . . . he sounded exactly like a Fundamentalist Preacher who was completely uninformed about the complexities of the issues that he was dealing with . . . unaware of the large scale that his pet peaves rotated around in like little blind guppies . . . . he made me angry because his caustic rhetoric was half-right on important issues but was so unbalanced and poorlydelivered that he will alienate all but the thouroughly biased
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Moore looks out for #1 and that's it. He does nothing to take care of his sources, which makes me believe his "I never went to college" schtick because he obviously has little clue about journalistic ethics.

That is the bottom line.

Grove is right on.

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I agreed to let him film me, and I acted like an idiot! It's his fault!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I agreed to let him film me, and I acted like an idiot! It's his fault!

actually, with the way he edits his stuff, and films things, and shows part quotes and things out of context... he probably likes to make anyone but him(or someone he admires) look like an idiot...... I say someone should just kick his ass, and then sell the tape to the news networks(or put it in the theaters.. I can see it now "Michael Moore in "OUCH! MY FAT ASS!" nominiated for best short film.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

actually, with the way he edits his stuff, and films things, and shows part quotes and things out of context... he probably likes to make anyone but him(or someone he admires) look like an idiot...... I say someone should just kick his ass, and then sell the tape to the news networks(or put it in the theaters.. I can see it now "Michael Moore in "OUCH! MY FAT ASS!" nominiated for best short film.

I saw BFC by Moore and you are correct, he edits things in a childish way with ZERO integrity. I think your short film idea is interesting

Fellows
  • Reply 10 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Manipulative editing ++

Misleading/attacking, out-of-context commentary ++
  • Reply 11 of 12
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

. . . . he made me angry because his caustic rhetoric was half-right on important issues but was so unbalanced and poorlydelivered that he will alienate all but the thouroughly biased

Well said, all of it. I find it a real shame what Michael Moore has turned himself (well, others have helped) into. Actually, we've seen this from him since the start, but it was always more tempered somehow. Maybe I just got tired of his MO.

Edit: as for the charges, I doubt they will stand in court. At some point, you're responsible for your own decisions. Only under the most malicious intent and with really strong evidence would someone be found guilty of these charges in the USA.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    The guy deserves to look like an idiot, cause that's what he is. A complete idiot. He is right about one thing though, there's a lot of crazy people out there.