iBook Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone have experience in dealing with recurring problems on any machine? About a month and a half ago I had my screen replaced by a local apple dealer because it would not go to sleep when the lid closed. That took two weeks to get fixed. Then two weeks ago my screen just went suddenly dead. Took it again to get fixed and they replaced he logic board. I picked it back up on Mon. Nov. 27. Then last night I am working on it and the screen starts flickering. I was thinking oh crap not again. The screen went blank again. I turned off my iBook and restarted and to my surprise the screen turned on, but it had a white line about an inch off of the right hand side of the screen. It is a thin line but it is there all of the time except when sleeping and turned off. I shut down my machine last night and decided I would see if it still happened this morning. This morning I turn it on and my CD tray starts making really loud noises and it won't stop unless I open it with a paper clip. It sounds like the laser is moving back and forth fast and rinning into stuff. The screen still has the white line it it as well.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I would get it fixed locally but it takes almost 2 weeks each time. How can I contact Apple to talk about my problem. I have only had it since Nov. 2002 so it is still under warenty. I am starting to believe that I have a lemon. Is there a way Apple would replace it with a new iBook, or allow me to upgrade because these problems have not given me a good feeling about the iBook line.

Thanks for your help.

Macaddict16

Comments