Fast User Switching Issue

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey

I just recently bought Panther and I'm trying to get used to it. I want to create two more accounts for my friends. The thing is that I have made the two accounts, but I want to share my music with the others without having to save all the same files over again. How do i do that? Also, how do you delete or modify an account that is already been made. Please help.

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Move your MP3's to the shared folder on the HD from where they'll be accessable for all users
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    And for the latter, you just choose the user you want to Edit in the 'Accounts' pane in the system preferences and make the chances you like. Hope it helps. For further help you should post your questions in the 'Genius Bar' forum
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by kelib

Move your MP3's to the shared folder on the HD from where they'll be accessable for all users

Note: make sure to change the location of your iTunes library in the preferences window when you do this or else it will look to iTunes like you don't have any music. Either that, or make an alias of your entire library and keep that in the original location, than move the actual files to the shared folder.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I've asked this question before and someone linked to the apple article. Do a search here in the forums or go to apple support or use sherlock to search.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    They way I did it on my Mac was to give the other users read permission on my iTunes folder then just copied the iTunes Library Data and XML file to the other users iTunes folders. They will have access to your music that way, The one problem is that it will not auto-update their library when you add something to yours. You'll have to manually give them a new copy of the Data and XML files.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnHenry

I've asked this question before and someone linked to the apple article. Do a search here in the forums or go to apple support or use sherlock to search.

Here's JohnHenry's thread to which he refers.

And here's the aforementioned Apple KnowledgeBase article.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hey

I tried what the article said to do but i had no success. It worked for my account but i couldn't get the other acounts to add the library. Any suggestions.

Thank You.