Will Microsoft copy Exposé?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I got to thinking about this today: Will Microsoft copy Exposé? And if you think they will, how long do you think it will take before we see it in Windows?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear shit in the woods? Does Steven Seagal make unwatchable movies? Are Sum 41 approaching their 14th minute?

• Reply 2 of 8
    Wait! Microsoft came out with Exposé first, and Apple copied them !
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRabbit

Ummm, surrrre. "Exposé-like." Apple could have had this in a cloak room for years too. It could very well be that Apple put Exposé on the back burner until they fixed some of the more glaring fundamental aspects of OS X.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRabbit

I wonder if anyone holds the patent on Exposé-like technology... because, as we all know, intellectual property (software) patents are issued to whoever is the first to have a workable implementation of an idea.

Microsoft could say that Apple stole Exposé all they like, but would still have to pay Apple if they wanted to use it
  • Reply 5 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    The author of that article confused Exposé with Quartz Extreme.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    windows did have a command to show the desktop, something osx never had till expose, I don't think.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

windows did have a command to show the desktop, something osx never had till expose, I don't think.

apple-option-clickondesktop or apple-option-clickfindericon.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

apple-option-clickondesktop or apple-option-clickfindericon.

oooo looky there