PowerBook Maintnence

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a PowerBook G4 and it's getting a bit um......crappy looking

Mostly because of the paint peeling/chipping problem on the carbon frame, especially above the slot load drive but now beginning to form along the left side top.

anything i can do to sort of fix this up? soon its gonna be so ugly with the exposed black metal.

also, my speakers seem to have filled with crap, like the holes...how can i get the crap out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Paint peeling + Applecare = new casing

or at least in my case. My 667Mhz Ti had peeling paint, and after an extensive reworking of the casing (got knocked of my bike) I managed to get the casing replaced because of the peeling paint.

Something to do with the paint they used, and the frypan heat the drive generates...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Paint peeling + Applecare = new casing

or at least in my case. My 667Mhz Ti had peeling paint, and after an extensive reworking of the casing (got knocked of my bike) I managed to get the casing replaced because of the peeling paint.

Something to do with the paint they used, and the frypan heat the drive generates...

they said no when i reported it, they don't cover cosmetic defects. after which i ripped into them. and got no where and then decided to not renew apple care if its gonna be useless to me.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Don't they sell some Powerbook Titanium paint? I know I will have to look into it because my hinge is looking like crap.

Nick
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Don't they sell some Powerbook Titanium paint? I know I will have to look into it because my hinge is looking like crap.

Nick

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lovemacs/0155044349.html

You'd probably have to do alot of work to get it looking like new though. Hardest part seems like getting the old paint off.