Just got my iTrip (in the UK)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Fantastic little thing, totally overpowers any given channel too, which could be fun I would definitely recommend.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:

Fantastic *illegal* little thing, *illegally* overpowers any given channel too, which could be *illegal* I would definitely recommend *breaking the law*.

How the hell did you get it? I thought they didn't sell them in the UK.

Anyway, forget iTrip (though 'ghosting' people in the Tube has gotta get some laughs), I'm waiting for BlueTooth Earphones from apple...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Anyway, forget iTrip (though 'ghosting' people in the Tube has gotta get some laughs), I'm waiting for BlueTooth Earphones from apple...

Hmm that could be a bit of a wait.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    yeah, how did you get one of those in the uk?

8)

i won't tell, honest!!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

yeah, how did you get one of those in the uk?

8)

i won't tell, honest!!

Probably went to the Buy Now page and ordered one.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by WJMoore

Probably went to the Buy Now page and ordered one.

Corr-ect!

That's all I did, ordered it direct. I've recorded a little message of me shouting "Oy you in the silver car on the Westway, you have 10 seconds to get out of your car and run before it blows up! now!! 10, 9, 8, 7...." and I can tune the iTrip into Radio1 or Capital and play it on loop as I drive to work. It will work at some point
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

I've recorded a little message of me shouting "Oy you in the silver car on the Westway, you have 10 seconds to get out of your car and run before it blows up! now!! 10, 9, 8, 7...." and I can tune the iTrip into Radio1 or Capital and play it on loop as I drive to work. It will work at some point

• Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

Corr-ect!

That's all I did, ordered it direct. I've recorded a little message of me shouting "Oy you in the silver car on the Westway, you have 10 seconds to get out of your car and run before it blows up! now!! 10, 9, 8, 7...." and I can tune the iTrip into Radio1 or Capital and play it on loop as I drive to work. It will work at some point

I got'a to get me one
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I'm thinking of getting an itrip when I head over to colorado for christmas (live in the UK), but had a couple of questions. Didn't know if any of you guys would be able to answer...

1) Quote from griffintechnology.com

'This metal film will substantially block the FM signal coming from inside your car, so your car stereo antenna that is outside the window never gets a chance to receive it.'

'This insulated glass is more common in Europe; BMW-3-Series models sold in Europe have it, for example. '

I frequently 'borrow' my dad's M3 and was unsure whether the itrip will work (see above). Does anyone know?

2) Quote from ipodlounge.com

'The package includes the iTrip, install CD and manual. On the CD is an Installer for both iTunes for Mac and Musicmatch for Windows.'

What about iTunes for windows?

Gracias for your help!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by your_ad_here

I frequently 'borrow' my dad's M3 and was unsure whether the itrip will work (see above). Does anyone know?

Griffin has a point about some cars apparently behaving like a Faraday cage. But to test it I would sit inside the M3 with a portable VHF radio and the windows closed. If you can receive stuff between 87.7 - 107.9 MHz (the iTrip frequency range), then it follows that the iTrip can transmit through the same windows. Choose an iTrip frequency not used by an existing station, and also one that is not massively attenuated when you wind the windows up.

Quote:

Just download version 4.1.1 from apple, 19 MB.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by åsen

Just download version 4.1.1 from apple, 19 MB.

I think he meant where was the download for the iTrip for iTunes for Windows. By the looks of it Griffin haven't got around to it yet. I'd contact them and ask as it can't be far away. Either that or try the iTunes for Mac download and see if it works.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by your_ad_here

I'm thinking of getting an itrip when I head over to colorado for christmas (live in the UK), but had a couple of questions. Didn't know if any of you guys would be able to answer...

1) Quote from griffintechnology.com

'This metal film will substantially block the FM signal coming from inside your car, so your car stereo antenna that is outside the window never gets a chance to receive it.'

'This insulated glass is more common in Europe; BMW-3-Series models sold in Europe have it, for example. '

2) Quote from ipodlounge.com

'The package includes the iTrip, install CD and manual. On the CD is an Installer for both iTunes for Mac and Musicmatch for Windows.'

Gracias for your help!

1. I used to have an M3, they're meant to be driven so damn hard that you couldn't hear the stereo anyway

Real answer, I don't know, if you live near West London then let me know and we could try it.

2. You could just download the European settings from the web and manually add them to your itunes library, then create a new play list and add them in yourself - it would only take 5 minutes all in.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try using a radio when i next get the chance. I actually found after posting this that with the iTrip you can set it all up manually, so as Chopper3 said it's probably best to set it up manually in iTunes (Win). However you'd think that with popularity of this software now that it has been released Griffin may come up with a download sooner or later...