.mac homepage frustration

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
apologies if this has been posted before, but my /mac public folder download homepage is driving me crazy. I use it to send clients in many places files, but as often as not they can't open the page. When I check on my browser all is fine, even if I go to another office I work from it seems to work fine.

I've left posts on Apple's tech support forum, but have had no response yet. I called AppleCare and despite automatically having my call routed through 'tech support' to '.mac' voice activated menus, when I got to a real person they said there was absolutely no phone support for .mac. Not good enough I said, and made an official complaint.

Now I'm stuck.

Anyone else have problems?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    You say they can't access the page? Are you sending them the top of the Public folder, or a link to a subfolder?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    they're going here, same as always. This is an intermittant problem, happening about 50% of the time. An error appears saying the page couldn't be found, or that I gave the wrong address. And then sometimes it works.

http://homepage.mac.com/jasonfj/FileSharing1.html
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasonfj

they're going here, same as always. This is an intermittant problem, happening about 50% of the time. An error appears saying the page couldn't be found, or that I gave the wrong address. And then sometimes it works.

http://homepage.mac.com/jasonfj/FileSharing1.html

are they actually clicking a link, or are they typing it. I work in IT and you would be suprised how many people mis-type the things and insist they aren't..
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Your web site worked for me.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    it usually does, but then doesn't when it really matters - like when I post something for a client in London for the morning when I'm in bed.