Democratic candidates-Mac or PC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just watched CNN "Rock the Vote" which was kind of sad but anyway one question was "Mac or PC" for them, I forget, what did they all say? I thought that was such a funny question and disappointingly a lot said PC.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Bush uses a Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Bush uses a Mac.

i don't know whether to be happy or sad.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    The CNN crew did such a spectacularly poor job by pulling the cameras away from the candidates as they answered and Cooper did an equal job of letting the candidates talk over each other that it was nearly impossible to see or hear who answered.

On the other hand, everything went swimmingly on the marijuana question.

Screed
  • Reply 4 of 25
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Bush uses a Mac.

Well, you know what they say. The three types of people that use apples are geeks, artists and morons.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Well, you know what they say. The three types of people that use apples are geeks, artists and morons.

Which one are you?
  • Reply 6 of 25
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    one?
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Dean uses a PC...which sucks...I was gonna vote for him

John Edwards uses PC

John Kerry uses Mac I think

Sharpton uses a Mac

Lieberman uses handheld wireless

Moseley Braun prefers Mac

Kucinich no idea

Not sure what Clark said
  • Reply 8 of 25
    clarke said pc.

so he has one thing to change before he enters the white house.

bush uses a mac which makes it the single thing i like about him (they may have switched him to a pc laptop though)

wanna know the one thing i liked about his father?

pork rinds!!

he and i both love them. (although it been a while for me.)

<homer>mmmm pork rinds....</homer>
  • Reply 9 of 25
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I hear the Prez likes Macs because of the eye candy. More specifically I hear his aides have a hard time trying to get him to stop mousing over the dock icons-"they grow so big"-and playing with the minimizing genie effect.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    You know who else is an Avid mac user? (Certified capital "A" Avid. . . )

Rush Limbaugh. His whole office is mac based. And while Rush is a bit over-the-top, he's not a moron.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If Bush uses a Mac it has to be only at his place in Texas. I saw an interview with him once where he basically said that they (his staff) don't want him to use the computer while in office because it ALL becomes part of his Presidential record or whatever. It's just easier for everyone if he doesn't write e-mails and so on. \
  • Reply 12 of 25
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    lots of conservatives use macs, sorry people. contrary to what many liberals think, conservatives are not all mindless robots who follow the crowd and do what people say.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Dean uses a PC...which sucks...I was gonna vote for him

John Edwards uses PC

John Kerry uses Mac I think

Sharpton uses a Mac

Lieberman uses handheld wireless

Moseley Braun prefers Mac

Kucinich no idea

Not sure what Clark said[PC}

See, it holds true.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Politic TV show reach a very low level, when they ask such questions to politicians.

What next do you prefer mustard or ketchup, salt or pepper, slip or panthy ...
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Politic TV show reach a very low level, when they ask such questions to politicians.

...innie or outie?
  • Reply 16 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Ah, but these kinds of questions allow the voting public to make decisions without knowing anything about the candidates policies or positions.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    The measure of a person based solely on their preferred (or simply habitual) platform...

That way lies madness...

Screed ...or is it 'lays'?
  • Reply 18 of 25
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Ah, but these kinds of questions allow the voting public to make decisions without knowing anything about the candidates policies or positions.

Yes, that's why it's so terrible.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

The measure of a person based solely on their preferred (or simply habitual) platform...

That way lies madness...

Screed ...or is it 'lays'?

i dunno. i know you aren't supposed to judge people by certain criteria such as computer platform or where they live, or what car they drive, but damn if it isn't true a hell of a lot of the time.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Billyboy was asked if he used boxers or briefs on the show where George Bush Senior wouldn´t show up.