making C++ libraries in Xcode

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey. I have this bunch of C++ classes I use all the time. Is there a way I can turn them into the library so it's easier to include them in multiple programs?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    make a framework project. you can then install it in ~/Library/Frameworks or /Library/Frameworks (if its for everyone), or (not recommended) /System/Library/Frameworks if you work for Apple or want to fuck with shit. I believe that a framework creates a shared library (.dylib), so if you update that framework, you only have to rerun a program that uses it; you dont have to recompile (assuming, of course, that you don't introduce incompatibilities). It can also take care of headers, so when you want to use the framework you include like this: #include <MyFrameworkName/MyHeader.h>, regardless of the framework path.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

make a framework project. you can then install it in ~/Library/Frameworks or /Library/Frameworks (if its for everyone), or (not recommended) /System/Library/Frameworks if you work for Apple or want to fuck with shit. I believe that a framework creates a shared library (.dylib), so if you update that framework, you only have to rerun a program that uses it; you dont have to recompile (assuming, of course, that you don't introduce incompatibilities). It can also take care of headers, so when you want to use the framework you include like this: #include <MyFrameworkName/MyHeader.h>, regardless of the framework path.

I can't do it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by soulcrusher

I can't do it.

which part?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

which part?

i have no idea what type of framework to make and how.

I am total newb. sorry