No-CD hacks for mac games?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a number (ok 2, but I hope to get more for Christmas) of games for my Mac and when I get my iBook I don't want to have to carry the CD's around with me all the time, just in case I may want to play. First of all it's a pain, and second of all, I'm afraid that they could get broken just slamming around in a laptop case or backpack. Does anyone know a good place to get No-CD hacks for Mac games, specifically, Red Faction (OSX) and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (OSX)? I also hope to have Jedi Knight II and Elite Force II soon also. My copies of these games are legit, I'm not wanting this info for nefarious means.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Use disk copy and make a disk image of the disk and then when you want to play just open the image and it will mount on your desktop just like a regular CD.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    That doesn't always work. I've found that mounting a disk image with Toast is more likely to get the desired results, but many games still won't work.

Unfortunately, the only way is to either find a hack, or use the CD. And you're specifically trying to use the CD. Try Toast, it might work a little better.