Airport Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was wondering if the new base station is compatible with the old cards. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>I was wondering if the new base station is compatible with the old cards. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would assume so. When you updated your Airport cards to version 2.0 they should work with the new AirPort Base Stations... I Think...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    *CONFIRMED*

Heh.

I have an old card and a new base station.

Works great.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Yes. Having an old card is better than having an old station and a new card. The old station doesn't support 128 bit encryption even with firmware enhancements...the old card does from what I hear. It shouldn't be a problem.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Sorry to be dumb ... is there noticeably imrpved performance on the new base station when connecting to the internet?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Yes, old card works with new Basestation.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by mpw_amherst:

<strong>...is there noticeably imrpved performance on the new base station when connecting to the internet?</strong><hr></blockquote>

This I cannot say. I have an old base station at home with a dialup, and a new base station at work on the T1.

The one at work seems faster, somehow...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I have used a new and old base station with a Ti 500 and a rev A AirPort card. Everything work smashinly, although I didn't try the enhanced WEP. Both base stations have working great for several PCs as well, with 3Com and Lucent cards.