Got the G5 test drive stopwatch

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here it is. Currently only available to Canadian with the mail "G5 speed test" invitation

It's made by cheap plastic.....the one on the site really made me think it's made by metal

Anyway, its' free so I can't complain

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Me really want. Do you trade against a fresh soul?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I knew it wouldn't take long.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jeebus, that guy must have knocked off an Apple merch warehouse.

everything must go by Nov 17th? maybe he hears an impending knock...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Wait... wait... back up a minute... What's the story behind that gizmo? Who makes it and where can I get one?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Wait... wait... back up a minute... What's the story behind that gizmo? Who makes it and where can I get one?

There's a promo going on in Canada where you can sign up to go "test drive" a G5 at a reseller and, in exchange they give you this watch.

A few weeks ago Apple sent out postcards with this invite (for some reason I got one sent to my parents' house) along with an offer if you buy a G5 now along with an Apple display and AppleCare you get $200 back. Your go to this site and enter the info off the postcard and you get a page to take into a dealer to get the watch.

If you didn't get the postcard you can still get the watch buy going to this page but you don't get the rebate. You get entered into a contest to win a 1.8 GHz G5 and a 20'' display though. Canadians only !

I signed up for the test drive but still haven't gone into a dealer to get the watch. I'd feel a bit funny testing a computer I own! Mind you, the watch does look cool...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    they never have these cool kind of promotions in the states... what gives?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

they never have these cool kind of promotions in the states... what gives?

People actually live in the states.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    smackdown