Strange G5 Request

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
This is a bit of a weird question to post here, and I apologize if this is completely inappropriate.

My request is for any G5 owners out there. Could someone please measure the dimensions of the box for me (LxWxH) in inches, and tell me what the box weighed? Maybe the shipping company has a label on the box saying what the total weight was, or someone could weigh their box for me and I'll add the posted weight of the G5 to that?

I am trying to figure out what it's going to cost to have a G5 shipped, and have no access to this info right now!

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    From Apple's tech specs:

Code:

Size and weight

? Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)

? Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)

? Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)

? Weight: 39.2 pounds (17.8 kg)14

You can get all the gory details from the Apple website.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I know the specs of the G5, it's the dimensions of the shipping box, and total shipping weight I was looking for.

Anyone?

• Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    39 pounds? Hold on, i'll double check that. It certainly feels more than 40.

EDIT: Well, my dual G5 weighs 38Lbs. That was a surprise. (Must be that extra ram I didn't get or else my scale is bad) But I vaguely remember reading the box or some paper that said 56.something Lbs or something around that. Keep in mind the shipping weight will be more than the G5 alone.

Oh yea.

L: 23 3/4"

W: 23 1/2"

H: 16"

I forgot.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You da man, Ebby. Thanks!!