Can I connect an XBOX/PS2/GameCube to a monitor?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The christmas sales are getting me VERY tempted to buy a console. The XBOX offer is pretty damn good here in Europe. XBOX+Halo+MidtownMadness 3 + 2 months free XBOX Live. Thing is I dont have a big TV and would rather enjoy playing on an LCD screen.

Is this possible?

The I/O referneces suck. They mostly say "AV out". Wow... thanks for vagueness.

Anyway, any info is appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    The consoles come with the "red, white, yellow" av cables which you could only hook up to an LCD if your LCD had those inputs. If not, you can buy an adapter but I think they might be expensive.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    In theory, you can do this with a TV-tuner, but from what I've seen there's always just enough of a delay to make playing console games impossible. I've tried it with the Formac Studio TVR. No good.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Yes you can

at least for my console of choice (XBox)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I know a guy who has a Formac breakout box which the XBox goes through. works fine.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Can I hook up the Xbox to my Flat Panel iMac ???
  • Reply 6 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Yev, thanks...

this brings me to another question... can I hook up a monitor and mouse to an XBox and play games the WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED!?!?!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Sony sells a linux kit for their PS2. The kit comes with a PS2 to VGA plug. Also included is a plug for a mouse and keyboard a 20/40 gig HDD and a linux distro just for the PS2.