Panther crashing 10.2.8

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Please help, I installed panther and Adobe CS suit this morning and ever since 10.2.8 has been crashing about 5 minutes after start-up. Running on a 733MHz G4.

If needed I shall try and recall the exact sequence of events, and list exact machine specs and software installed.

Any help will be apprecaited.

Thanks

David Swan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Panther is 10.3, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say 10.2.8 is crashing. Do you have different versions of Mac OS X on separate partitions? That's the only thing I can imagine you mean. Otherwise, if you installed 10.3 you don't have 10.2.8 anymore.

The people who can help you here are going to need more information than what you gave in your first post.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Sorry about that, I'm trying half a dozen thing at once.

Did clean install of Panther and Adobe CS on seperate partition, also installed the following:

Alcatel Speedtouch USB driver (ADSL)

Wacom tablet driver

Epson Perfection 3200 driver

SilverFast Ai 6 with Update

Power RIP X

I have done a software update on the Panter partition.

Now when I try and start-up with 10.2.8 (differant partition and the one I was planing to keep useing until I got everything running smoothly on Panther.

I'm going to continue installing the rest of the software I need under Panther as I have tons of work to do.

P.S. also having a problem selecting any PPD with Power RIP.

Thank for the quick responce.

David
  • Reply 3 of 4
    David, Panther shouldn't have done anything to your system to cause 10.2.8 to misbehave on your other partition. The only thing I could think of a new OS doing to a system would be updating hard disk drivers. If you have it, try running Disk Warrior on your Jaguar partition.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Check your timezone settings in the System prefs. If it's something weird like GMT/etc, change it and try running Creative Suite again.