ACK! It's Snowing!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Holy Crap. I just looked outside and it's a near blizzard! There's already at least an inch sticking to the ground. Oog. This weekend was so warm I really didn't have time to mentally prepare for snowfall. Goodbye sun and hello to 3 months of The Big Grey Cloud?.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Far from blizzard territory here but we got our first dusting this morning as well. Temperature dropped like 30 degrees between yesterday afernoon and now, but it's supposed to go back up a bit tomorrow.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I was sitting here listening to November Rain by Guns N' Roses, and right on the line "Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain" I look and see snow flakes flying all over and think "Well if it can't last, it at least shouldn't turn into November snow!"

I hope this semester can get over before we have too much bad weather, I hate leaving an extra 30 minutes early to get out to the college.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I love snow...last year we got like 18" on christmas it was awesome. Though it did knock out power for a lot of people. \ I like snow though, it is so nice and clean and pretty.

Note it didn't knock out our power though...it helps having our power-lines buried under the ground.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I love snow...last year we got like 18" on christmas it was awesome. Though it did knock out power for a lot of people. \ I like snow though, it is so nice and clean and pretty.

Note it didn't knock out our power though...it helps having our power-lines buried under the ground.

you live in the city, ast3r3x? having spent five LOOOOONNNNG winters in toronto (and two more in columbus, ohio), i can say that city winters suck. the snow is pretty for MAYBE eight-to-twelve hours, and then between the cars, salt, mud and such, you're hip deep in toxic sludge and packed ice until the srping thaw (unless you geta fresh coat to cover it up).

but COUNTRY winters are gorgeous. i still miss the wicked cold winter weekends me and my wife would drive a couple hours north of toronto and rent a cabin and it was awesome.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Yea, winter in the city does suck. I'm in Chicago here and the nice looking snow only lasts till it hits the ground, than it gets real ugly, real fast. I love taking a drive up north and seeing all the "nice" snow. It's really a beautiful thing.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I live in North Carolina now, after growing up in the Cascades in Washington state.

I'd kill for proper snow.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I live in North Carolina now, after growing up in the Cascades in Washington state.

I'd kill for proper snow.

Yeap.. snowing in the Pass here..

How the hell can I get thru the Pass tomorrow .. school out.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    after years of shoveling it I gave up on proper snow and moved to SoCal. I can stand in the relative comfort and safety of Beverly Gardens Park and see the snow on Mt. Baldy

8)