G5 eMac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Wouldn't a putting a G5 into a eMac be very easy? I mean, the current eMac is huge!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    In before locked!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

Wouldn't a putting a G5 into a eMac be very easy? I mean, the current eMac is huge!

It will probably be the last to go to the G5, 15 & 17" Powerbooks and 17 and 20" iMacs first. By then the 15" iMac may replace the eMac with 15" displays in 2004 becoming way cheap.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The iMac will see the next G5, or maybe the xserve "cough".
  • Reply 4 of 5
    When the PowerMac gets its next cpu mhz bump...there should be little reason for the inflated iMac range or the eMac models having some form of G5.

The G4 is stalled, dead or on its ass/out the door by Apple A.S.A.P.

Surely a matter of time.

With a 980 (G6!) pending by September...I can't see why Apple would have a single G4 in any of its desktops when 0.09 970s should be flooding speed grades across the board.

2004 should see the eMac/iMac 2 desktops sorted one way or another.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I'm hoping the eMac will see a G5 within the next year. There is no reason to keep the G4 in any of Apple's computers after the 90nm (G6?) comes out. I know quite a few people who are looking to switch, but don't have a lot of money to spend. They want an eMac, but a fast one. The eMac is very capable, and a great computer overall...but it needs a better display and a faster chip. I'm hoping to see it soon.