iTMS in Australia?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Are there any plans for the iTunes music store to be released in Australia? Or anywhere else in the world besides the states? I am more than willing to pay a $1 for songs I want to download, but until it is released I have no choice than to keep doing it illegally.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Sounds like Apple are having a few issues in Europe getting agreements, and this is holding up the works. Did hear rumours that they had switched from trying to get an agreement with Europe and were instead trying to negotiate a global contract with the record companies.

Here's hoping....
  • Reply 2 of 3
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    In doing my own snooping, I was told by a fairly reliable source (alright he is a mate of mine and we were drinking at the pub), but he says the one thing holding up the iTMS in Australia, is that there is actually a little law stating you aren't allowed to have copied music on your hard drive. Don't know if this is true or not.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If you download from iTMS you don't have a copy on your HD, you have the original file that you purchased. Sounds loony to me.