Lost the Dock.. Help!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've got that latest OSX version before Panther, and through one thing or another, I couldn't find the Dock on my monitor. I did locate it in a folder called DockBackup. I clicked on it and the Dock appeared at the bottom, right where it was before.

When I turned on my computer the next time, the Dock was again absent. Did the same thing. So I dragged the Backup to the desktop, and now just click on it to open my Dock.

Question is, where does it belong, so that it automatically appears the way it should? Somewhere in the System folder, or startup, or...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Th dock belongs in /System/Library/Coreservices. Put it there, and if it doesn't work, then reinstall OS X.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    The fact that you have a file called DockBackup suggests that you have been tinkering with transparent dock.

If you do have a application called Dock in /System/Library/CoreServices/ then you might want to move or delete it, then copy your DockBackup program there, and rename it to just Dock.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Gargoyle, Hah! You got it! I tried to use an older version, after I updated!! You are on top of things!!

Thanks all!!