DVD Studio Express

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Any chance of this happening? If so, when? MWSF or later?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Perhaps NAB 2004. The question is what could Apple remove to make an express version. I'm tending to think they believe iDVD may suffice for the low end.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

The question is what could Apple remove to make an express version.

About $800.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

About $800.

So you think Apple should pay people $300 to use DVD Studio Express?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm thinking the package could be split with a slightly less useful version for $300 and a full blown package worth more.

As for features, a DVD Studio Express wouldn't have to write to a digital tape machine or even external DVD burners. That cripples it enough that pros would still go pro.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryukyu

So you think Apple should pay people $300 to use DVD Studio Express?

ummm yeah?

for some reason i was thinking DVD Studio pro was 999...

karma for trying to be a smart ass i guess...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    My guess is no. There was a big enough gap between iMovie and FinalCutPro for Apple to fill with a product, nevermind that Avid had Xpress DV coming out within days of FinalCutMini's introduction.

The difference between an iDVD for 50 bucks and a DVDSP for 500 bucks is so small that I really don't think Apple will bother. They already slashed the price in half to be on par with Encore. If it was still a grand I might think otherwise, but as it is now, no.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    DVD Studio Pro is only $500- within any low-end pro's budget. And while Final Cut pro is really needed for avid video makers, there aren't as many "prosumer" DVD designers. iDVD should suffice for most people, even those who use FCE, and DVD SP doesn't really cost too much as it is.