What Was The Name Of That Game? (and where is it now?)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There used to be a great game that we played on our Apple computers back in high school. It was dead-simple, but lots of fun. A while back I found a similar version of this game for the Mac but now I can't find it anywhere...do any of you remember this game?

There are two castles on either side of a hill. The size and shape of the hill was different for every battle, as was the direction and strength of the wind. Each player would take a turn taking a shot from their castle toward their opponent's castle by inputting an elevation and a power setting. It would take a while for you to pin down the coords of your enemy's castle.

The Mac version had some fancy weapons mixed in, but it was essentially the same game. Does anybody remember what the old game was called on the Apple? Does anyone know where you can download a version that will run on the Mac? This would be simple enough to be written as a JAVA game or better yet, a Shockwave game....

Hope somebody remembers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Haha, you got me scratching my head 'cuz I remembered playing an OS X version of that game quite awhile ago. Took me a long time to find it but here it is.

edit: now I'm readdicted. Thanks a lot!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    CRAP!

I found a copy on my hard drive of the OS X game that I'd found a while back, it's called Pocket Tanks and it is SUPER ADDICTIVE.

Now you've given me yet ANOTHER game to suck away my life!

I hope nobody else reads this thread or the productivity of our planet may grind to a halt....I think that I played no less than 40 rounds of Pocket Tanks just now!

Woof.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I LOVE Pocket Tanks. Best game EVAR.

Have you tried ThinkTanks? Great game also.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Thanks guys.

• Reply 5 of 8
    Oh yeah...PocketTanks. I got mixed up when you said castle. But now I realize that there wasn't any special weapons in Ballerburg.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Well on the old game back on the Apple II's that we had in High School it was only castles and projectiles. Very simple. If you're reading this thread and haven't downloaded Pocket Tanks go do it RIGHT NOW.

You can curse me later
  • Reply 7 of 8
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    The version I had was called Battletanks. (download)

It still works in classic too!

Amorya
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

The version I had was called Battletanks. (download)

It still works in classic too!

Amorya

There was also DomeWars.