itunes won't join tracks

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I want to join the intro (30 sec. of studio dialog) to the song.itunes won't let me.I have already imported the cd but want to make a new track for those two tracks.I have joined tracks before.

It doesn't want to do it for cd's I have already encoded or cd's I have not yet done.

I am using itunes 4.0.1 with panther.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You can only join tracks when you import a CD. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61659
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I am trying to re-import two songs.I want to join the intro with the song so it doesn't have the gap.Little guitars(intro) with little guitars.

I also tried joining tracks off of a cd i don't have imported and it would not do it to that cd either.

I have done this in earlier versions of itunes(before the music store).This is the first time since the music store and the join tracks comand is grayed out.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I always join tracks using SoundStudio, which came free bundled with my computer. It's a nice application - all I have to do is import the two songs from QuickTime, paste them together end-to-end, and then zoom way in and remove the small flat area between the two. Then I export the whole thing in AIFF format and use iTunes to convert them back to MP3 or AAC (whichever the original files were).

If you didn't get it bundled, you can still download it and use it - it's $50 shareware. Not worth it if all you do is join MP3s with it, but it seems like a good buy if you would use it regularly for many different things (professionally or otherwise).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

You can only join tracks before they are encoded or "ripped". You cannot join songs after they have been encoded.

To join two or more tracks, they must be sequential. For example, you can join tracks 2 and 3 from an audio CD, but you cannot join tracks 3 then 2. Follow these steps:[list=1][*]Insert the CD with the songs you want to join.[*]Select the CD from the iTunes Source list.

Note: Make sure the list is sorted by track number.[*]Select the adjacent tracks you want to join.[*]Choose Join CD Tracks from the Advanced menu.[*]Click Import.[/list=1]

Please try this. I know what you want to do, but you didn't said if you followed my link, and did what was written there.