Panther Modem Scripts for Sony Ericsson T616

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm having a hell of a time finding the proper modem script for using the SE T616 as a modem via bluetooth in Panther. SE only seems to have the IR script...and it's for Windows. My carrier, AT&T, says to select "serial cable" from the modem script list, but to such script exists in Panther. Can anyone point me to the proper script?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    If you connecting by Bluetooth, use the Infrared profile. That works without fail (as long as dial the correct number). This is a built-in connection script.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

If you connecting by Bluetooth, use the Infrared profile. That works without fail (as long as dial the correct number). This is a built-in connection script.

Which infrared profile? I tried both Ericsson Infrared profiles to no avail. I keep getting the "Could not open the communication device." message from Internet connect.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I know exactly what you mean, here's what i'm using:

(you are using GPRS data right?)

1 download the drivers from here:

click me

2 Place them in /Library/Modem Scripts

3 Go to network prefs, choose bluetooth, then go to modem section, find a modem matching CID# in your phone (if you don't know what's your CID, on your t616 go to Connect, Data Comm., Data Accounts, choose account you are using for GPRS data, Then right down CID# shown there.)

4. After specifying correct modem script, go to PPP section in bluetooth prefs, Fill in service provider (In my case that is Rogers AT&T, but you can put anywhere u want in that field)

In account name specify username (you can look it up in t616, same place as cid#, in my case: wapuser)

Fill in the password field, if you don't know that google for AT&T settings or just call them up, but usually they don't have a clue what you're talking about. In my case password is wap)

Fill in telephone # field, now this is a bit deceiving, as this is your APN address, (again, you can look it up in your t616, in my case it's internet.com)

That's it.

Hope it works 4 u.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

I know exactly what you mean, here's what i'm using:

Thanks for the help...still doesn't work. I am using At&t GPRS. My phone says that the CID for GPRS is "2" though all the other settings in the phone are blank. The At&t dude I talked to said just to use *99# as the number, but to leave everything else blank. This is undoubtedly the most complicated thing I've tried to do in Mac OS X. They need to make this easier. You should just be able to select a paired bluetooth device under modem scripts, and the rest of the settings should be pulled down from the phone.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    OK, try and use:

proxy as telephone number.

leave username and pass blank.

did it work?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

OK, try and use:

proxy as telephone number.

leave username and pass blank.

did it work?

Sorry. Thanks for for diligence, but it didn't work.