help: Nothing shows up in "Installed Updates" pane

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
In my System Preferences-Software Update's Installed Updates pane nothing is listed, it's just blank and I know I've installed tons of updates.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Have you recently deleted you caches or preferences? That could cause those to go away.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    No, I haven't touched my caches or preferences. Does anyone know where Software Update stores this information?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    You probably have a permissions issue. There are a few badly written installers floating around that mess up the permissions on a number of folders, and the receipts folder is a common target (/Library/Receipts).

Try repairing permissions, and see if things look better.

Also, manually installed updates do not always appear (download manually and install).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    One question...what's the big deal? If you have a question about a version of your software just single click it and do an apple+I to get info. You can also see all the software updates that apple has released on www.apple.com.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    actually I have the same problem on 10.2 with my Ti. I went to the apple store and had them look at it (in a number of different stores) and all of the basically had the same answer... a bullshit one. The best explanation I had heard was that something got corrupted during the install.... I did an upgrade install with os 10.2 over 10.1 way back when I got the computer the day jag was released (it wasn't preinstalled yet).

I'm planning on wiping the drive and installing panther sometime soon and I bet that will get rid of the problem.... in the meantime I would suggest an archive install of your current os to see if that will fix the problem. (you wont be able to see what WAS installed, but you will see what is installed from that point on, assuming it gets fixed...)

permissions... fsck... caches.... none of that worked for me... but it wouldn't hurt to try. see the sticky for info...