Apple Powerbook 12" Scratch Remover?????

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Over the holiday a friend came over with his son, I'm not going to go into the full story but it involves scissors and a small Z shaped scratch in my screen. Any chance there's a way to clean out that scratch?

Would appreciate any help..

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Sue your friend. Make him buy you a new PowerBook. A PowerBook is not a cheap toy that someone should let his kids deface and destroy. That's a few thousand dollars that kid just burned.

Seriously, it's nearly impossible to remove scratches from LCDs. Unless you have AppleCare and are willing to send it to Apple to replace the LCD, I think you're out of luck.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    yeah, there's nothing that will remove scratches from an LCD that i'm aware of. they don't exactly have a lot of fudge room in them.

it's going to stay scratched. can you take a photo? i'd like to see it before i say for sure one way or another.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'll hold his kid for a ransom of 2x the price he owes you, I get half and you get half
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

yeah, there's nothing that will remove scratches from an LCD that i'm aware of. they don't exactly have a lot of fudge room in them.

it's going to stay scratched. can you take a photo? i'd like to see it before i say for sure one way or another.

it's not a horrible scratch, only notice if you really focus on it.. upper right hand corner, i'll take a picture this evening and see if anyone's got some suggestions.. not worth sueing over :-)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Sue your friend. Make him buy you a new PowerBook. A PowerBook is not a cheap toy that someone should let his kids deface and destroy. That's a few thousand dollars that kid just burned.

Seriously, it's nearly impossible to remove scratches from LCDs. Unless you have AppleCare and are willing to send it to Apple to replace the LCD, I think you're out of luck.

Brad,

If I have AppleCare will they replace my screen if it was my fault?? -- or caused by abused whatever..