My Apple phone call!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just called Apple at 800-676-2775 to check the Status of my order which is still "Being Assembled." A woman answered and immediately asked for my order #. I gave my number to her and she said to hold on and that she would check for a specific date of shipment. I told her that I purchased my iMac on the 7th and she said that she didnt see any specific dates but it should ship sometime this week. I am happy to hear that but why no PREPPED FOR SHIPPING? I didnt ask her anything more and she told me to check for e-mail confermation, thats it.

1/29/02--BEING ASSEMBLED.

Hope springs eternal for this week, preferably NOW!

I can barely hold on any longer, a coma might ensue. :o

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    That really sucks, especially since people who ordered the same time as you have had theirs shiped.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    If it doesnt ship by by Friday I am calling STEVE!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Yeah...ummm...okay. Good luck with that...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>If it doesnt ship by by Friday I am calling STEVE! </strong><hr></blockquote>

How do you expect to do that?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    "Hi, my name's Macintosh. Let me talk to Steve please."

"One moment, I'll connect you."
  • Reply 6 of 9
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    hate to hear that macintosh....know how eagerily you have been waiting...heck, when i saw my order changed to "shipped" this morning at 5:30 am (yeah, i checked the apple site before i even took my morning piss...oops, sorry, too much information) i even thought, "boy, i hope macintosh looks at the site before he goes to school...hate from him to have to wait all day to find out"...but dang, now you even have to wait longer...not fair, but i'm sure it will be shipping soon....you may even get yours before me since i'm kinda far out from the city (but fed ex is usually quite good to me)...best to you and all the others still waiting....g
  • Reply 7 of 9
    LOL gelding! Before your morning piss, eh?!

I can wait, I will be angry if it does not ship this week. I wouldnt care too much if it shipped tommorow but next week or later?

I know that nothing is wrong with my order because the Apple help person would have told me. I can only wait and hope.

I was really looking forward to using it this weekend. I want to burn a DVD.

Oh well, time will tell.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Macintosh,

Hang in there. This sounds exactly like when I ordered by iBook 500. I was on the phone during the keynote. When they finally started to ship, people ordering several days, even a couple of weeks later (if really true) were getting theirs before me.

All seems like a blur now. The good thing was, because I wasn't in the first push, my iBook got tweeked a little at the factory. That was sweet. Told myself I would wait to order this new iMac and not get caught up in the mad rush. It's killing me, but I am still waiting...to order.

Good luck to you.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by kcmac:

<strong>Macintosh,

Hang in there. This sounds exactly like when I ordered by iBook 500. I was on the phone during the keynote. When they finally started to ship, people ordering several days, even a couple of weeks later (if really true) were getting theirs before me.

All seems like a blur now. The good thing was, because I wasn't in the first push, my iBook got tweeked a little at the factory. That was sweet. Told myself I would wait to order this new iMac and not get caught up in the mad rush. It's killing me, but I am still waiting...to order.

Good luck to you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, I needed that little heart felt story.