OT: Fox News Apple Survey! Please Participate.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104461,00.html

Look at the top right survey on the page. One selection is: "Gary B. Smith: An Apple (AAPL) a day keeps the bears away; up 50% in a year"

Vote your conscience.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Tobin is bullish! He thinks President Bush will be reelected due to the Medicare legislation that was passed by Congress last week. He believes the market is figuring in a Bush victory and that the economic growth will stay with us.

We the people of Australia are deeply sorry for inflicting upon your great nation the ultra-conservative dark lord Rupert "Darth" Murdoch and his evil minions at Fox.

Barto

PS IBL
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Your apology would be accepted on the condition that you keep him and his influence within your borders, good person of Australia.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    But Ted and his little news outfit were just fine by everyone, right? He held/holds no wacky, space cadet beliefs or opinions at all, apparently.

Anyway, nice to see Apple getting all this attention in the press lately!
  • Reply 4 of 16
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

We the people of Australia are deeply sorry for inflicting upon your great nation the ultra-conservative dark lord Rupert "Darth" Murdoch and his evil minions at Fox.

Barto

PS IBL

Apologies most unnecessary, Barto. Send more "ultra-conservative dark lords" our way, if you could. FNC is indeed skewed to the right, just as CNN (along with most of our other prominent networks) is skewed to the left. Independent thinkers can tolerate both viewpoints and discern the truth, wherever it may lie.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Big Mac

FNC is indeed skewed to the right, just as CNN (along with most of our other prominent networks) is skewed to the left. Independent thinkers can tolerate both viewpoints and discern the truth, wherever it may lie.

Agreed!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    CNN is, strangely enough, skewed both ways. I saw an absolutely awful interview of the organizer of an antiwar protest by a CNN correspondent during the Iraq war. "Don't you think you ought to be sending care packages instead of messages of hate to our troops?" Painfully subjective.

Not quite so bad as the time Fox glued a weasel's head on France's ambassador to illustrate a point during the Security Council stuff, and canonized the moron who invented "Freedom Fries".
  • Reply 7 of 16
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Malokata

CNN is, strangely enough, skewed both ways. I saw an absolutely awful interview of the organizer of an antiwar protest by a CNN correspondent during the Iraq war. "Don't you think you ought to be sending care packages instead of messages of hate to our troops?" Painfully subjective.

Not quite so bad as the time Fox glued a weasel's head on France's ambassador to illustrate a point during the Security Council stuff, and canonized the moron who invented "Freedom Fries".

I absolutely agree. CNN is by no means leaning to the left. They have had some right-winged views that even Fox would envy. Go to their web site and most of the poll results are right way leaning- most are positive for the pres. I think maybe the last year or so CNN is becoming more centered or balanced with both views. Fox is simply disgusting. I remember one show with 2 hosts that just rip people and they were ripping this non republican. Those 2 idiots really showed their skewed right wing Rush loving ignorance to me and I refuse to watch their channel. Too extreme a view. I don't mind opinions, but I do mind opinions from short sighted ignorant extremists. (cough *Rush* cough)
  • Reply 8 of 16
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Here is how the media leans, according to FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Journalism).

http://www.fair.org/extra/0305/warstudy.html

Here is a telling extract:

Quote:

Of a total of 840 U.S. sources who are current or former government or military officials, only four were identified as holding anti-war opinions--Sen. Robert Byrd (D.-W.V.), Rep. Pete Stark (D.-Calif.) and two appearances by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D.-Ohio). Byrd was featured on PBS, with Stark and Kucinich appearing on Fox News.

Overseas viewpoints

Among British news sources, 95 percent were government or military officials; the remaining 5 percent, four individuals, were all journalists. More than a third of the British public was opposed to the war at the time of this study, according to a Guardian/ICM poll (4/1/03), but no British anti-war voices were carried by these six news shows.

The liberal media = The Nation, Mother Jones and a few other intellectual leftie boutique publications. I watched CNN during the build up to the Iraq war and I recall the ranks of generals, colonels, analysts, commentators, pundits, government spokespeople all touting a pro Bush administration/pro war viewpoint. I also recall on CNN, the lone token anti war commentator, actress Janeane Garofolo who was railing about the probability of terrorism resulting from the instability caused by an invasion and so on.

Whatever.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    Kidred - "I absolutely agree. CNN is by no means leaning to the left." /now exhale crack.

Funniest crap I've read all year. CNN can't lean any farther left, because they fell off the cliff into liberal insanity back in the early 90's. Fox has always leaned left. It's a shame that the US hasn't had any tv stations on the right for decades. The US tv and newspaper media is packed full of left-wing nutcases, and most conservatives stopped paying attention to them years ago. It is depressing to see the vast numbers of useful idiots on these boards, who can't understand that they have been brainwashed by liberal college professors (who can't hold any job outside of education). American Freedom is doomed.

I miss Fireside Chat
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by guest

Kidred - "I absolutely agree. CNN is by no means leaning to the left." /now exhale crack.

Funniest crap I've read all year. CNN can't lean any farther left, because they fell off the cliff into liberal insanity back in the early 90's. Fox has always leaned left. It's a shame that the US hasn't had any tv stations on the right for decades. The US tv and newspaper media is packed full of left-wing nutcases, and most conservatives stopped paying attention to them years ago. It is depressing to see the vast numbers of useful idiots on these boards, who can't understand that they have been brainwashed by liberal college professors (who can't hold any job outside of education). American Freedom is doomed.

I miss Fireside Chat

FNC leans left? Are you crazy?

And, I'm glad that with all the proof of the right-slanted perspectives on CNN, people still claim "Ha, it leans left... and it's funny you think it doesn't" without any actual proof/evidence. Quantative analysis shows that during the 2000 presidental race and during the war in Iraq, CNN did lean more right than left. One such research report was quoted above.

Additionally, there are TONS of really crazy right wing paper out theres (papers that show no left/liberal perspective.) For instance, The New York Post, Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, Fox News, WABC (radio station), etc... And no, the New York Times does not lean as far left as any of the above right-wing/wacko-papers.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Don't bait the trolls, Fomer Lurker.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Big Mac

Apologies most unnecessary, Barto. Send more "ultra-conservative dark lords" our way, if you could. FNC is indeed skewed to the right, just as CNN (along with most of our other prominent networks) is skewed to the left. Independent thinkers can tolerate both viewpoints and discern the truth, wherever it may lie.

Quite true. Whenever I read Fox on the web, I also check the Guardian. Balance, you see. Frankly, Fox has much better coverage of most everything not in England.

If you don't think that most network news stations are left leaning, then you probably are a bit left of center.

Besides, when was the last time CNN had a prediction that apple would be up 50% in a year??? I think we all know which news service is nicest to the Mac.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

I absolutely agree. CNN is by no means leaning to the left. They have had some right-winged views that even Fox would envy. Go to their web site and most of the poll results are right way leaning- most are positive for the pres. I think maybe the last year or so CNN is becoming more centered or balanced with both views. Fox is simply disgusting. I remember one show with 2 hosts that just rip people and they were ripping this non republican. Those 2 idiots really showed their skewed right wing Rush loving ignorance to me and I refuse to watch their channel. Too extreme a view. I don't mind opinions, but I do mind opinions from short sighted ignorant extremists. (cough *Rush* cough)

Actually, I have noticed that their web polls are rather right leaning. Quite a contrast with their tv programming. I assumed that it is because CNN knows that they are going for a bunch of people who are surfing from the web form work and as such are more likely to be employeed, have families, and have homes (all of which generally make people more conservative).

Hmmm. At some point in my response I drifted into sarcasm, but I can't tell where it is...
  • Reply 14 of 16
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

I think we all know which news service is nicest to the Mac.

Probably the one that has Steve Jobs on for a half hour every time a new product comes out: CNN.

And, no, CNN is not left leaning. That statement itself is idiotic since the whole goal of CNN is to position itself as 'center,' meaning uncritically regurgitating the BS from whomever is in power and, these days, pandering to the delusional that would otherwise look to fox to make their fantasies seem somehow related to reality.

Anyway, I already pointed out in the CNN thread in appleoutsider how CNN skews everyday news for the schizoids that want to ignore fact (fox and friends):

spot the difference:

news.com.au: http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...35%5E2,00.html

cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

news.com.au gives the facts, CNN sidesteps the truth in order to appease the loonies that claim it's left-leaning.

And this is just from last night.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

spot the difference:

news.com.au: http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...35%5E2,00.html

cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

news.com.au gives the facts, CNN sidesteps the truth in order to appease the loonies that claim it's left-leaning.

And this is just from last night.

News.com.au is in fact the web site where stories that make it to Australian News Lmt news papers appear. The stories written by those papers, especially those not from The Australian, are usually pretty bad. The story you linked to is actually from the Agence France-Presse, and appeared in News Lmt newspapers today.

Barto
  • Reply 16 of 16
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

News.com.au is in fact the web site where stories that make it to Australian News Lmt news papers appear. The stories written by those papers, especially those not from The Australian, are usually pretty bad. The story you linked to is actually from the Agence France-Presse, and appeared in News Lmt newspapers today.

I'm not making any sort of comment about any australian news source being this or that. No overall value judgment whatsoever. The point is that CNN danced around and omitted the most crucial piece of info, and I don't care who decides to provide me with the important facts just so long as I get them.