Question on Dual G5......

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone know if the Dual G5s have a worlwide one year warranty? I need a hard-drive replacement, but my G5 is currently in Central America, but I bought it in Texas, USA.

When I opened up the G5, I saw the warranty papers and it said it had a one year limited worldwide warranty, is that standard? wasn't the worldwide warranty reserved for laptops?

regards,

Luis

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Call Apple
  • Reply 2 of 2
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ucaboys

When I opened up the G5, I saw the warranty papers and it said it had a one year limited worldwide warranty, is that standard? wasn't the worldwide warranty reserved for laptops?

Yup. Desktops come with a regional limited warranty.

From here .

Quote:

Desktop Apple products introduced after 1998-01-01 are covered by regional limited warranties. Products may be repaired under warranty only in the region or country where they were purchased. The United States and Canada form a region, as do the member states of the European Union, Switzerland and Norway. Example: an iMac purchased in the United States may only be repaired under warranty in the U.S. or Canada. It may not be repaired under warranty in Mexico, or in the European region.

Portable products introduced after 1998-01-01 come with a worldwide warranty. A portable product is defined as any product that can operate without a power cord. Included in this category are PowerBook, and iBook products. A worldwide warranty means that portable products may be repaired under warranty wherever an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) is available, and if that AASP has access to parts for the product.