Love actually trailer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was watching the trailer for love actually today and I saw something interesting in it. Right around the end of the trailer after a guy says, "Christmas is a time to be with people you love." There is short shot of a young girl waving, behind her there is an add for "The new iMac." Thought that was cool, I don't have time to post an image now, but I'll try to do it later, unless someone else wants to.

Edit:

Here is the image: iMac in Love Actually

If it doesn't show up below, click the link to see it.

Edit again: Geocities bandwidth sucks majorly so I switched my host.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You had time to start a new thread, but no time to link an image.

Um. Yeah.

Cool.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Only a mutant could have noticed that. You are a mutant.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I've been seeing Macs - in fairly obvious paid product placements - in quite a few movies over the past few years. But I don't think that Love Actually was a product placement Mac movie. I noticed a fair number of computers in the film but I don't recall them being Macs. Could the background ad in the trailer have been an accident?

BTW I thought the movie was only so-so: they should have kept the plots with:

1.Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman (I could watch them for hours on their own)

2.Laura Linney (who I find so very attractive) and

3. the old rock star

and they should have ditched all of the other plots.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Only a mutant could have noticed that. You are a mutant.

I'll take that as a compliment.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I'll take that as a compliment.

Just don't slice open my throat with your adamantium claws...FREAK.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I was sort of dragged into seeing this movie over the thanksgiving weekend and those iMac posters practically screamed at you when they were shown. The scene is in the airport and the sliding glass doors open and BAM! there they are framing the characters as they deplaned. And it was in stark contrast to all the PCs in the movie. It had to be an conscious decision by the film makers because it was so....obvious.