iMac 350 questions. HELP PLEASE!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just made an eBay purchase . Its an Indigo iMac 350. It has 576 MB of RAM, and a 60gb HD. It has OS 9 installed. The price was $400. Here are my questions:

1. Was it a good deal?

2. Will it run OSX smoothly?

3. Will it be sufficient enough to run Photoshop and Illustrator?

If any of you know about this, please help me out. I'm wondering if I made a good purchase or not. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by imzadione

I just made an eBay purchase . Its an Indigo iMac 350. It has 576 MB of RAM, and a 60gb HD. It has OS 9 installed. The price was $400. Here are my questions:

1. Was it a good deal?

2. Will it run OSX smoothly?

3. Will it be sufficient enough to run Photoshop and Illustrator?

If any of you know about this, please help me out. I'm wondering if I made a good purchase or not. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

1 - It sounds like a decent deal because it's got a lot of ram and a big hard drive.

2 - Don't expect stellar performance, but it will be ok with panther. We've got a 400mhz iMac running it and it's doable.

3 - No. Sorry. They'll run, sure, but it won't be pleasant. They're dogs on hardware 2x as fast.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thanks alot. not really what i wanted to hear, but i guess i expected that. The worst thing is that I'm currently using a 700 MHZ iBook with 256 RAM, which runs Adobe stuff pretty well. Problem is that I have to give it back in 2 week to the school i am renting it from. its gonna be a pain in the arse to drop down to an old indigo. But funds are scarce. Don't be surprised if you see my iMac up back on Ebay soon! grrrr...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by imzadione

Its an Indigo iMac 350.

There was no Indigo iMac 350. Are you sure it isn't Blueberry?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

There was no Indigo iMac 350. Are you sure it isn't Blueberry?

Yes there was.