importing Outlook Express files into Mail (9 to X)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Maybe this has been asked before, as obvious as it seems. But it isn't. I tried everything, asked people Who Know Things. But no go ...

Point is, when you hit 'Import Mailboxes' it asks where Outlook express is. I put it on an external HD. Also the 'Documents' and 'Microsoft User Data' files needed.

But then it asks to run (Outlook in) Classic, but there's no Classic in Panther anymore !!

So it refuses to do what it should do, and we're back to square one.

Anyone has a workaround (I tried several Applescripts as well) ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    My workaround: Entourage, the app that comes with MS Office. The one time I fired it up was to import my old Outlook Express mailboxes (which it will do without much hassle, IIRC). After that was done, I quit Entourage, and told Mail to import my Entourage mailboxes, which, again, worked like a charm.

You'll have to have Office, of course... (at least for this trick, there are probably other tricks out there)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

My workaround: Entourage, the app that comes with MS Office. The one time I fired it up was to import my old Outlook Express mailboxes (which it will do without much hassle, IIRC). After that was done, I quit Entourage, and told Mail to import my Entourage mailboxes, which, again, worked like a charm.

You'll have to have Office, of course... (at least for this trick, there are probably other tricks out there)

Hey thanks, Kopf ... The trick worked !

Now I can FINALY use OSX as my primary computer 8)