Is there such a thing as MP3 VOYEUR for mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I presently attend a university which does not support the mac platform at all (which sucks so bad I am still hurting) and to top it all off, all of the windows users are laughing at me because they have access to the collective shared software library of the whole residence system on campus using a program called Mp3 Voyeur!!! If their is such a thing for mac what is it? If not, how do I send a picture or home movie I made to a friend with a PC over the network? I have tried and failed on repeated occasions!:-(

I have enabled sharing and disabled the firewall and still I get nothing!

I thought that MacOS 10.3 had great built in windows networking features! Where are they?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    sadly i dont think there is one...

and 10.3's windows networking, while better then 10.2... is still pretty bad...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macaddict74

I go to a university

Excuse me but if you go to a University then why does your writing suck?

Reading it felt like someone gouging my eyes out.

Not to mention Brad will probably smack you for being an Arrrrg! Pirate!

Barto
  • Reply 3 of 11
    My university is one of the biggest anti-mac schools in the country, and i had access to our network just fine when i lived on campus. i just used a back way in. if you have a search engine, you should be able to see what ip the search results come back with. copy that ip into the "connect to server" access ability in the finder to hook into the other computer, whether it be windows or mac. it didnt work well w/ 10.1, but with jag, it was incredibly useful. g'luck.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Should have gone to a university that was good with macs (I do).

Or just 'get' a copy of virtual pc and you'll be set.

You could use ftp or something like that to transfer files. SMB should work though.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Thanks to all who responded (except Barto who has nothing better to do with his time than to point out minor grammatical errors. "Oh look at me I am an ass" comes to mind when this kind of behaviour is exhibited).

I won't use VPC because it is very slow on my G4 350 machine!!! Hopefully, someday I will be able to access the network just like the ignorant windows users around me.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Thanks to all who responded (except Barto who has nothing better to do with his time than to point out minor grammatical errors. "Oh look at me I am an ass" comes to mind when this kind of behaviour is exhibited).

Quote:

...hopefully someday I will be able to access the network just like the ignorant windows users around me.

heh heh

"Kettle, you black bastard!" - Pot
  • Reply 7 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

heh heh

"Kettle, you black bastard!" - Pot

RACIST! AAAAH! MY EARS!

Macaddict: learn to use periods.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

I go to a university which does not support the mac platform at all (which sucks so bad I am still hurting) and to top it all off, all of the windows users are laughing at me because they have access to the collective shared software library of the whole residence system on campus using a program called Mp3 Voyeur!!! If their is such a thing for mac what is it?

iTunes.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Not really.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

If not, how do I send a picture or home movie I made to a friend with a PC over the network?

iChat. Instant Messenger. FTP. Web server. There are oodles of options.

Quote:

Not really.

Yes, really.

Otherwise, you're wanting what? Stealing? Damn right, that's what it sounds like you are. Requests for pirating of any kind will be dealt with harshly, first getting a lock and then getting the original poster a temporary ban.

Sorry, but if you want to go about breaking the law, you're going to have to seek help elsewhere.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    That was definitley not my intention. Anyway, thanks again to all who responded as I have successfully configured an FTP client and am now able to send my digital pictures and home movies to my friends.

Thanks