Send HTML Email

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I send HTML email in Mail? I want to send an HTML newsletter with images and stuff like the iTMS and Apple Store mailings, instead of just text.

If I attach an HTML file its just a file... but I want it so that when someone opens the email they see all the images like a web page. I have the newsletter on a server.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I could be wrong, but I don' think you can do it with Mail.app. Every time I have done it I have had to use PHP (which uses whatever mail server is on the server) or pre-built mailing list software (comes with a good web host). Does your host have mailing list software?

As an aside, you should definitely try to keep the HTML as simple as possible - email clients range from dismal to ok at rendering HTML emails...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    We was looking for something to do it and found there was a complex way using scripting and MS Entourage or the easiest way is to use Thunderbird from Mozilla

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

With this you ca insert HTML and just copy and paste from you fav HTML editor and Robert is you mothers brother!

J-E-O