your merchandise is not safe

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i just got back from UPS, mailing some stereo equipment and cd burnder i sold on ebay. i packaged everything myself, i didn't have the original boxes. i had fragile and handle with care all over the boxes. so i get into the ups store and this young girl starts into me about how these messages didn't matter. she was a real bitch. she told me everything is automated and the packages will be tossed and turned, dropped from waist height. i told her it was crazy that a compnay can operate this way. i said what about stero equipment and computers? she said they only had a monitor break once. i was told since they didn't package this stuff that they weren't responsible for damage.

so i can only assume my mac and cinema display went through this kind of abuse with FedEx and judging by the looks of the packages when they arrived, i'm not surprised. this can't be good.

plus the stereo i bought this year probably went through hell

i'm surprised stuff makes it to us safely. how can companies operate this way?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I know what your saying. Every time something is shipped to me the box always shows up with dents and holes in it. However, I've never had a major problem with anything not working, except for a stereo I bought once. I don't think it is a big problem because people don't blame the shipping companies. They blame the manufacture for any defective merchandise they get. The shipping companies are probably causing a lot of damage, but will never get blamed for it.